Starts: Friday, June 28, 2019
Ends: Friday, August 30, 2019 (total 10 sessions)
Time: 7:00pm – 8:20pm
Location: Chelsea Piers Sky Rink – Pier 61 (West Rink)
Friday Night Ice is a game-time instructional clinic focused on a variety of ice hockey skills including:
- Team-focused drills
- Offensive and defensive strategies
- Power play and penalty kills situations
- Position responsibilities in defensive, neutral and offensive zones
- Shooting, passing, stick-handling and puck possession skills
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to participate?
Although anyone is eligible to participate, the average level of participants is equivalent to Division 8 at Chelsea Piers Sky Rink. Beginners are welcome, although some skating experience is required. In addition, you must be a member of the New York City Gay Hockey Association. You can purchase your membership at https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MjA2NTE=.
What is each session like?
Each session will be coached by two professional ice hockey coaches and organized in the following manner:
- Warm-Up – 5 minutes
- Skating Drills – 20 minutes
- Breakout Session 1 – 20 minutes
- Breakout Session 2 – 20 minutes
- Scrimmage – 15 minutes
What if I can't make every session?
You will be able to sell your spot to another skater. We will setup a site where you can post your spot for sale. Payment arrangements are up to you.